It’s that time again. Bike Month 2016.
What’s happening? Well, that’s up to you. What are you doing/arranging/planning/scheming for Bike Month?
Here at Bikeology.ca and VELOfest, we are going to go out riding, so will be winding down the shop. We have looked around us and we see so many exciting bikey things going on! We are proud and satisfied to have been a part of making Edmonton the #yegbike place it is. We know that other groups and other people are picking up our mantle and taking it for a test-drive (so to mix metaphors).
What do OUR changes mean for YOU?
- We’ll continue with previous commitments, but will be winding them down,
- If you have an event you want on our calendar, let us know and we’ll get it on in a timely manner,
- We’ll attend your events if you give us some lead time,
- We’ll forward your information to the appropriate groups, including, but not limited to: The Edmonton Bicycle Commuters’ Society (info[at]edmontonbikes[dot]ca) and the Bike Traffic Reporter, Karly Coleman who shows up on Peter Chapman’s show, Full English Breakfast. You can reach Karly and Peter at bike[at]cjsr[dot]com.
Otherwise, may the wind always be at your back!
Kind regards, the VELOfest team
Eep! Turns out when things change, it’s important to keep abreast of what’s changed…
As you may remember, there was a calendar of events that were hosted by Bikeology: Festival, to which you could merrily go and meet other bikey folk. This calendar was updated to reflect the new look and feel of the website, BUT we forgot that changes to one end meant changes to other ends… in this instance the CALENDAR!… Sigh… this weekend we’ll be working frantically to populate it!! Trust us, there ARE EVENTS HAPPENING IN Bike Month. Promise and they start tomorrow with the MEC Bikefest, from 11-2 p.m.
Wondering where we’ve been? We’ve been re-aligning our processes, putting out fires, thinking about strategies, and wondering about our place in the world.
Don’t panic! We aren’t going away. We are just clearing the field for YOU and your beloved bikey projects!
What’s going on in the #yegbike scene? Here’s some things to check out:
- Saturday, April 25, Earth Day – 104 Street, at the pocket park, between 12-3
- Wednesday, April 29, Marinoni: Fire in the Frame at Metro Cinema
- EVERY Friday, #yegbike, #coffeeoutside in a location near you (possibly! Check Twitter for deets)
Stay tuned for a more complete listing of Eddie Bike Month activities. IF you have an event, let us know and we’ll spread the word!!
Bike Month in Edmonton is only a month away so we’re going to be ramping things up here.
The latest: We have an awesome new header.
Upcoming: A full list of events and details. The list of events is already on the Calendar. We’ll also be setting up each of the events in our FaceBook Group over the next month.
You can also follow Bikeology on Twitter. Here we’ll be posting events before they happen, events as they happen, and any bikey news we happen to stumble across.
Stay tuned. Bike Month is coming.